To earn your MakerMinded points for this activity, you must include the video that you created for your submission. Click on the application link for complete details, and read below for the shortened version: To apply, film a three–minute video of yourself explaining a topic in STEM you are passionate about by December 11, 2017. You must identify as a woman and be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student to apply.
Your video should be:
• A mini–lecture, not a personal statement. Pretend you're a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
• Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject. Your video doesn't need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor.
• Three minutes or less in length.
• About any topic in STEM, not necessarily your field of study.
• Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’ It should be accessible to the general public and could, but doesn't have to be, targeted at young students.
The deadline to apply is December 11, 2017.
One winner will receive a full–tuition scholarship.